Monday, November 24, 2008

All your recruitment positions are belong to us

Yet another "I interviewed with teh Googul" story. This one recounts the eight (count 'em) 8 interviews that were required to sift said applicant (or supplicant?) into the OUT pile. Not ready for mission critical jobs said they. Google probably has 3000 people working on said mission critical project, but--hey, if even one of them is only 110% ready on day one, all of Google will resolve to: fail. There's a whole post in the notion of mission critical here, but what really gets me is the initial pitch.

Said supplicant wrote some ki11er k0de that caught mighty Google's unblinking eye. So they wrote him thusly:
I recruit top notch Software Engineering talent at Google. I recently came across your name as a possible world class Engineer and am intrigued to know more about you. I promise to exchange some detailed info about us as well.
Uh, okay. Said Supplicant apparently still believed this note actually came from Google, and managed to attend some interviews to prove it. We can only assume the letter went on to say:
I are having some 92 million dollars UNITED STATES to park in you're accounts. Do you have sum numbers' so I can begin to moving the UNITED STATES dollars to your accounteds?
Clearly, recruiting "world class Engineers" isn't in and of itself a mission critical operation.

No comments: